Job Listing Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: November, 2017.
Please read these Job Listing Terms and Conditions carefully.
These Job Listing Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) outlined below, contains the terms and conditions that govern your access, use, rights and obligations in relation to posting jobs (“Jobs”) on www.minervajobs.co.uk (the “Website”) operated by Minerva Statistical Consulting Ltd, a United Kingdom limited company, Registration No: 10177005, based at: 86-90 Paul street London, United Kingdom (“Minerva Jobs,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
These Terms and Conditions are the “Agreement” between Minerva Jobs, and you or the entity you represent (“you”). You represent to us that you are lawfully able to enter into contracts (e.g., you are not a minor). If you are entering into this Agreement for an entity, such as the company you work for, you represent to us that you have legal authority to bind that entity.
By accessing the Website, creating and/or backing a Job, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1. About Minerva Jobs
Minerva Jobs provides a job market (“Job Market”) for individuals and organisations (“Members”) to post and/or search for employment opportunities (“Jobs”), spanning a wide range of industries.
2. Accessing and using Minerva Jobs
a) Anyone can access Minerva Jobs and post a Job as an “Employer” or to respond to a Job as a “Candidate”. Please note that you must be at least 18 years of age to use the Website.
b) You are not eligible to use Minerva Jobs if we have temporarily suspended or previously terminated your access to the Website and we have not expressly authorised you in writing to resume using Minerva Jobs.
3. Minerva Jobs’ Role and Limitations
a) We provide a Job Market through which Employers can post Jobs and Candidates can search and apply for Jobs posted on the Job Market.
b) Other than as mentioned in Section 4(a) above, we do not have any involvement in any arrangements Members make with each other through the Job Market. We therefore do not accept any responsibility for the nature or quality of any Job posted on the Job Market.
c) The arrangements you make are solely private and the contracts relating to Jobs are made directly between the individual parties concerned. Accordingly, when using Minerva Jobs, you take full responsibility for your arrangements with other Members whom you contact and the nature, terms and extent of your arrangements with them and obligations to them.
d) We do not verify the identity of anyone who becomes a Member nor the information they provide about Jobs they post. We cannot therefore give any guarantee that any of the Members are who they say they are or that the information they provide is accurate, complete or true. Consequently, we make no recommendation or representations in relation to any Members or Jobs posted on the Job Market.
4.1 Creating Jobs
a) As an Employer, you can view all published Jobs which are available through a publically accessible webpage on Minerva Jobs (“Job Page”) using the functionality we provide.
b) We have specific rules regarding the types of Jobs that can be published on Minerva Jobs. Please see our Jobs categories for more information.
4.2 Job Publishing
a) To post a Job on the Job Market, you will need to fill in the form provided on the Website with the full Job details, including any application requirements.
b) It may take up to 5 working days before the posted Job goes live and is made available on the Job Market.
c) Once you have posted a Job, you may edit or update it at any time by contacting us through email@example.com.
4.3 Job Verification
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to attempt to verify your identity and other information you provide to us and to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend an active Job at any time and for any reason. In particular, Jobs that are flagged to us as fraudulent by Candidates or other employers will be subject to review.
4.4 Fees Payable by Employers and Transaction Charges
There is currently no charge for creating a Job and publishing details of the Job on Minerva Jobs. However, we reserve the right to charge fees in future.
5.1 Applying for a Job
a) As a Candidate, you can apply for a Job by visiting the Job Page of a Job, and responding by contacting the Employer with the relevant information requested by such Employer.
b) During the application process, you may upload an updated copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF format or other supported document formats. Notice that uploading your CV on our database it is not equivalent to a job application for one or more of the available jobs listed. In order to apply for a job listed on our web-site you need to follow the specific procedure set by each employer.
5.2 Curriculum Vitae Terms and Conditions
a) If you choose to upload your CV, Minerva Jobs shall use your CV only for purposes of matching you with potential employers. By uploading your CV on the Job Market, you hereby agree that your personal information will be saved and stored electronically for the application and/or matching process.
b) You hereby grant Minerva Jobs a non-exclusive license to copy, transmit and display your uploaded CV to potential Employers searching for potential candidates having skills and experiences similar to yours, and to the extent reasonable needed to provide the Job Market’s functionality and services.
c) Minerva Jobs does not guarantee that by uploading a CV, you will be successfully matched to any Employer for a job/interview, and shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential or special damages in the event we are not successful in matching your CV with any Employer or job.
5.3 Candidates’ Obligations
As a Candidate, you agree to:
- Ensure that you have sufficient qualifications at the time you submit applications to any Job you are interested in.
- Promptly respond to an Employer when contacted.
- a) Minerva Jobs provides a feature which enables institutions, companies or individuals to undertake relevant partnerships or collaborations with each other. These collaborations relate to broad fields of data mining and statistical analysis.
- b) To start collaborating, you need to post your details on the Website using the Collaboration Form.
- c) By using the Website’s Collaboration Future, you agree that you are using it at your own risk and that Minerva Jobs will under no circumstances be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the contract for:
- Any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to lost data, profits, revenue, savings, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation, business interruption or any pure economic loss (in each case, whether such loss is direct or indirect); or
- Any form of indirect, consequential or special loss, and/or
- Any direct loss (for which liability is not expressly excluded in these terms).
- General Rules (All Members)
7.1 The rules of the Minerva Jobs community
- a) Any content which you and other users post or contribute to Minerva Jobs using its community features (including content you upload to your Job Page, comments you make on Jobs Profile Pages, internal messages and Job updates) is generally known as “user generated content” or “UGC” for short.
- b) You agree to ensure that you only contribute UGC to Minerva Jobs if you know that you have the necessary rights to do so. By contributing UGC to Minerva Jobs, whether text, images, video, sound recordings or other material, you are promising to us and to other users that:
- You either own any copyright in that content or that you have obtained the necessary right(s) to make the content available through Minerva Jobs in accordance with this Agreement and permit its use via Minerva Jobs and in our newsletters and that such permissions are freely available on demand by us should we require; and
- You will not be infringing anyone’s intellectual property or other rights or breaching any law or regulation by contributing that content and by allowing it to be used in the ways described in this Agreement.
- All information provided by you via Minerva Jobs or which you provide to other Members or in connection with any Job is accurate, true and up to date in all respects and at all times and is not misleading in any way;
- All content posted by you is lawful and not defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable or embarrassing to any other person as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- You will use Minerva Jobs and any information and content obtained from it lawfully and only for the purposes for which it has been provided and in accordance with this Agreement; and
- You will not harass or mislead or act unlawfully towards any person that you have contacted via Minerva Jobs or disclose or use any contact information that they may provide to you without their consent.
- c) You may not:
- Distribute or post spam, in particular by sending unsolicited marketing messages to other Members, or distribute or post chain letters, unsolicited loans or pyramid schemes;
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Minerva Jobs or the interests of users of Minerva Jobs or Members or otherwise interfere with or disrupt our servers;
- Post or transmit any advertisements for or solicitations of business;
- After receiving a warning, continue to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or post or transmit comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
- Except as permitted under this Agreement, copy, modify, or distribute our content or trade marks from Minerva Jobs or Members’ copyright material and trademarks or any content or trademarks owned by a third party unless you have their explicit permission;
- Harvest or otherwise collect or use information about Members without their explicit consent;
- Impersonate another Member or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Continue to use Minerva Jobs if your access to Minerva Jobs has been suspended; or
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other persons from using or enjoying Minerva Jobs, or which, in our judgment, exposes us to any liability or detriment of any type.
7.2 How Minerva Jobs will use your UGC
When you contribute UGC to Minerva Jobs:
- You are granting us unlimited, non-terminable and free permission (including the right to sub-licence that permission) to use, re-use, copy, distribute, translate, publish, perform, display, develop, reproduce, communicate to the public and to make your UGC otherwise available in any form and/or by any media (whether now known or hereafter devised), including through any on-demand or broadcast service, whether on a commercial or non-commercial basis anywhere in the world.
- You are granting to every other user of Minerva Jobs unlimited, non-terminable and free permission to use all or any part of your UGC on the same terms as you are permitted to use their UGC as described in this Section.
7.3 Disclosing/Receiving Personal Information
- a) Please be careful when using Minerva Jobs and any community facilities that you do not reveal any information from which you can be personally identified by other users such as your home or work contact details, your last name or where you live except in accordance with this Agreement and where you feel comfortable revealing such personal information to such persons.
- b) You should in any event only reveal such personal information via secure communications that cannot be viewed by other people.
7.4 Misuse of the Website
- a) We may (but are not obliged to) monitor the use of the community facilities from time to time however we still rely on you to inform us if you spot any abuse or inappropriate behaviour, in which case we may review specific postings.
- b) If you feel you have been threatened, damaged or abused in our community or via our communication systems or if you believe any infringement of your rights may have occurred through Minerva Jobs please contact us.
- c) We reserve the right (but we are not obliged) to do any or all of the following:
- Investigate a claim that any one or more items of content do not comply with the community rules set out under this Agreement, and determine in our sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the content;
- Remove without notice any content that is abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fails to conform with this Agreement;
- Terminate a user’s access to Job content;
- Suspend or terminate your access to Minerva Jobs.
- d) If you disagree with a decision made by us, you should email your appeal to us. You must not use the community facilities to dispute or argue about any decision we make.
- e) Any decision we make to remove or request the removal of any content or to terminate your access to the Website shall be final.
7.5 Disputes between Members
- a) We are under no obligation to become involved in disputes between any Members, or between Users and any third party arising in connection with the use of Minerva Jobs.
- b) However, we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities in any investigations arising out of your dispute with another Member.
- a) We shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement, and cease to provide you with access to the Website and the Job Market, with immediate effect in the event that you:
- Act in an aggressive, bullying, offensive, threatening or harassing manner towards any other Member
- Act in fraudulent or deceitful manner towards us or our employees or any other Member;
- Are in breach of this Agreement.
- b) All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability
- Additional Provisions
9.1 Minerva Jobs Content
- a) All of the content on Minerva Jobs is owned by (and all copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights in that content shall at all times remain vest in) us or our licensors and is protected by copyright law and other intellectual property rights.
- b) Minerva Jobs content includes any information or other material found on or via Minerva Jobs, including without limitation text, databases, graphics, videos, software and all other features found on or via Minerva Jobs.
- c) We make Minerva Jobs, our content and any UGC available through Minerva Jobs for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may view Minerva Jobs’ pages and content online and print a copy of this Agreement for your records. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use any of the content on Minerva Jobs without our prior written consent.
9.2 Third Party Links
- a) You acknowledge that Minerva Jobs may include links to third-party Websites. We do not review these third-party Websites nor have any control over them, and we are not responsible for the Websites or their content or availability.
- b) We do not therefore endorse, or make any representations about them, or any content found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of these third-party Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
9.3 Events Outside our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this Agreement that is caused by events outside our reasonable control, including (but not restricted to) fire, flood, severe weather, explosion, war, act of terrorism, industrial dispute, or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities.
9.4 Discrimination and Limitation of Liability
- a) The Website and the Job Market is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- b) To the extent permitted by law, Minerva will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or whatever damage (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website
- c) Minerva makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else, which may be harmful or destructive.
9.5 Copyright complaints
- a) We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of Minerva Jobs from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that infringe or violate another person’s intellectual property rights.
- b) It is our policy to comply with clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. If you wish to submit a notice of alleged copyright infringement or a counter-notice, please contact us.
- General complaints and requests for further information
- a) We want to give you great customer service but sometimes things do go wrong. We can usually resolve most issues quickly, so please email us to tell us how we can help.
- b) If you have any general complaints or wish to request further information about Minerva Jobs, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve these.
- c) Any complaint made will be acknowledged within 48 hours. We deal with all promptly and fairly, seriously and will investigate the matter fully. If the complaint concerns an individual, the complaint will not be investigated by the person who the complaint relates to, and provide you with feedback as soon as reasonably possible.
- Force Majeure
Minerva Jobs shall not be liable to you for any breach of its obligations or termination under this Agreement arising from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes and other Acts of God, terrorism, strikes or government regulations.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- a) You agree that the laws and regulations of England and Wales govern this Agreement, its subject matter, and any claim or dispute that you may have against us.
- b) You further agree that any disputes or claims that you may have against us will be resolved amicably and in good faith between you and Minerva Jobs, prior to resorting to Arbitration in accordance with English Law rules and procedures.
- a) We may modify or change any part of this Agreement at any time, without prior notice. You can review the most current version of this Agreement by clicking on the “Terms and Conditions” hyperlink contained on the Website. You are responsible for checking his Agreement periodically for any changes.
- b) If you continue to access the Website after we make any changes to this Agreement, you are signifying your acceptance of the new terms.
If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other provision of this Agreement, and such invalid provision shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement, together with other applicable policies available on the Website, constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and us regarding its subject matter and supersedes any and all previous understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
- Contacting Us
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please feel free to Contact Us.
Terms of Services